Wednesday, May 13, 2009

How We Met

After my first year at BYU, I came back to San Antonio to live with my family for the summer. J.D. also headed to the great state of Texas to sell security systems with Platinum Protection. Neither of us were looking for love. I did not want to go to the group at church for young single adults, the Singles' Ward, because I didn't really know anyone. I was encouraged by my mother to attend activities and dances and make some fun, new friends to hang out with over the summer. I finally consented to go to a dance because I really wanted my mom to leave me alone. I went with a friend, who happened to give her number to one of the guys who was in San Antonio for the summer selling security systems.
The next day at church, this guy invited my friend to a company barbeque with him... but there was a problem because my friend and I had come to church together. So, I got dragged along as a third wheel. When we got to the barbeque, I didn't feel so bad because there were a lot of cute boys at the pool and I was one of the only girls. :)
My friend left with the guy who'd invited her and I had to fend for myself. I started talking to a boy named Colton, who seemed really friendly and easy to get along with. He asked me, "Which one of these boys do you think you are going to kiss by the end of the summer?" I was taken back! I didn't even know him. I told him I wasn't going to kiss any of them and he promised me that I would kiss at least one of them by the end of the summer. Little did I know that I would end up kissing one of them... and marrying him too!
Colton invited me over to his apartment one weekend to watch a movie with a bunch of his friends. This was the first time that I remember meeting J.D. He swears I was wearing a white polo shirt, but I can't really remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment